Karishma and I wanted to make digital playing cards. We noticed that it only takes 52 possible integers to make a regular deck of playing cards, but a byte can be one of 256 possible unsigned integers. We decided to change the number of ranks from 13 to 16 to make our new cards that easily fit in a byte.
Languages / Libraries:
- packing multiple integers into one byte
- Playing cards
What’s in a ByteCard?
- A few working demo scripts
- Still need to solidify the API
- Need to make more example games
- Add support for more languages