Before my current co-op, I wanted to brush up on AngularJS. I decided to make a quick web page for converting timestamps between timezones since that is something I have to do relatively often.
Languages / Libraries:
- Unix Timestamps
Current Local Time -> Different Timezones
When talking to someone in a different timezone, it is often helpful to know when “now” is for them. My web app supports converting to the following:
- Universal Coordinated Time (UTC)
- Arbitrary Timezone
- Unix Timestamp
- Swatch Internet Time (Just for laughs)
Compare Time Zones
Sometimes when trying to plan when to Skype with someone in a different timezone, it would be nice to convert an arbitrary local time to their timezone. My web app supports converting a date and time to a different timezone. It also shows how many hours apart the two timezones are.
Convert Unix Timestamp
I’m a programmer, so I often deal with Unix timestamps. Thus, I made a converter between Unix time and local/UTC time.
- Convert current time to different timezones
- Convert timestamp between timezones
- convert a Unix timestamp to local time or UTC
- Fix overflow on mobile
- Make up new time formats just for fun
- Arbitrary time to Unix timestamp